Tuesday, April 14, 2009

This Was Me Today :(
























Well, I finally finished my 2008 tax return to the good old US government .. and now I feel like an idiot. Why?
I honestly told them how much I made ..
then agreed to pay the taxes that they said I owed ..
OK fine ..
then they turned around and kicked me in the teeth. (like one of those kick boxers you see on TV)
Not ONLY did they want their taxes from 08 ... they want me to "pay as I go" for 2009.
Yep, you heard that right!
I have to pay "quarterly" now.

And WHAT makes them think I'll make as much money this year as last year?!?
Damned if you do, and damned if you don't!!!

So the good news is ... if I DON'T make any money this year, they're gonna owe me a shit ton back.

What are the chances they're gonna pay me INTEREST on the money THEY kept warm and cozy for me?!? huh .. huh ??

(big sigh .. more than once)

I'll be back tomorrow, OK?

ps, see that pig in the pic?
He's on my stove right now.
Just trying to make "ends meet"!
(or is that meat?)

*******

7 comments:

js said...

They will not pay you squat. They will only try to make you bleak and low and remove you from the middle.

Sad to say.

js

blondie said...

Well like I told you in skype, we're at poverty level already!
Not sure what else they want from me. So sad :(

HermitJim said...

Sorry, friend. I remember how bad taxes used to be. I feel for ya, if that helps!

Sheila M said...

Just finished mine and feeling low...

But "Tomorrow is another Day!"

blondie said...

Thanks Jim,
Any comforting words are welcome :)

Hey Sheila,
Tomorrow is today. And I just remembered a deduction I forgot. Now I have a headache. Shoot.

js said...

They are out to remove the middle class, if I was not clear on that on my last post.

So there you go.

All of you will lose, and me included. It's in the plan.

js

blondie said...

Remove us how js?
Wipe me out of the big picture?!?
Aw hell.
I give up :(