Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Stormy Stormy Night

Was a helluva night here!!
Thunder, lightning, rain, hail, high winds, flooding, tornadoes, power outages, windows broken out of houses and cars, trees uprooted or limbs down, all their leaves shredded along with my corn, sunflowers and every flowering plant that I have!
The rain woke me up just after 10 PM. As I shut the window, I was pelted in the face with the blowing rain. Then the hail started. I thought for sure it was a tornado. The noise from the rain and hail hitting the sides of the house, windows and roof were so loud, I could barely hear myself talk. And I could feel the house shaking under my feet!
Just as I thought I should be taking cover, it started to lighten up a bit. Twenty minutes later, it was all over. But wait till you see my neighborhood today. I'll take a pic or two and show you a little later. Whew! ** pics at the bottom
And my cable TV just went out. Oh well.

*******

Assuming you all got the same spammer email that I did last night regarding your GoldNuggetInvest account ... It was followed up with a very nice note from the program admin. If you freaked out and put in for a w/d request, your funds have been sent back to your account balance to give you time to think it through. If you still wish to w/d (after knowing the truth), you can do that today. I'm leaving my funds in the program. Don't see any reason to panic myself. Hope I'm right :)

*******

Received 2 payments last night from Surfing Legacy. Also made my 50% purchase in order to receive the bigger one. So I'm off and running for another 14 days minimum. Thanks to Gilbert the Admin, it was paid pronto!

*******

Jake is here with me again today. He keeps trying to eat the leftover hail from last night that's still on the grass. But he's got a sensitive tummy so I'm keeping a close eye on him.

*******

Earned the Max again yesterday in PAC RS.
All is good :)
And I just learned it doesn't matter if you purchase and surf OR surf then purchase. Since the magic time for the daily ROI is midnight, you WILL earn on your new purchase as well as the others. Cool eh?

*******

Watching a couple of guys right now help a neighbor board up her broken window. That's a bummer. Hmmm I haven't checked my garage window or basement windows yet. Maybe I should go do that now.

OK, windows are fine but one side of the house is beat to hell! Full of holes from the pounding hail. Dang! And I already had a claim this year for the roof. Unfortunately I think each claim comes with it's own $1K deductible.

Blurry pic but you get the idea. All that green in the street is leaves, bushes and flowers shredded to bits!

Then there's my poor sunflowers .. or what's left of them. And there used to be corn to the right. Not any more :(



















By now you must know how my mind works. Stormy Stormy Night makes me think of this song. Enjoy :)




*******
The End

10 comments:

HermitJim said...

I'm glad you didn't get any substantial damage, girl!

Won't want to lose you to some ol' nasty storm...

blondie said...

Thanks Jim :)
We're all OK but I checked the outside of my house after I posted here and it's not looking so good.
Full of holes in the siding from the hail.
I'm tellin ya .. it the worst hail storm since I've lived here.
Thanks for checkin in :))

Myrna said...

Blondie - oh no - about the storm. I can relate as we had one doozer here on Sat night. Sounded like the same thing. Giant trees uprooted everywhere. Some fell on houses and on vehicles. Power outages all over. But no major injuries that I heard of. And also glad you and yours are not injured either. Take care.

blondie said...

Really Myrna?
So you're the one that sent that down my way! haha just kidding.

Yeah it sure was a "big bunch of ugly" all over town today. And I don't even want to think about how busy the Insurance Companies are. I'll wait a few days before calling them myself.

It could have been worse, right? Guess I should count my blessings.

Thanks for dropping by :)

xox-Missi Mi-xox said...

Isnt it always the way when its not debts and worries the world throws at you its sticks and debris from the streets and your neighbours mother nature decides to whip up in our faces.

I am glad to hear, well Im not glad to hear but it some relief knowing that the damage is only material and that you are safe and well.

Absolutely LOOOOVE LOOOOVE LOOOVE that song. I often listen to it makes me think of my mum. Gives me goosebumps, but of the nice kind. Bought a smile to my face to hear it today.

Im wishing some of our beautiful weather your way ... hope the sun shine reaches you soon

xox-Missi-xox

Randy said...

Judy;

Glad you are OK and sorry about the damage. We had one a couple of weeks ago...the worse I have seen. You wouldn't believe all the signs around town for roofers, car dent repair people, etc. Business is good for them. I was lucky with only a few dents in my car. I thought I might have a broken windshield but no.

It makes you appreciate the good weather days. I'm glad you are fine and I hope the insurance company will work with you.

Have a great week!

Randy

blondie said...

Hey Missi,
Yeah, every day seems to be a new challenge here lately. If it's not money or the weather .. it's something else :P
So glad you enjoyed hearing the song again .. goosebumps and all!
Take care kiddo,
chat soon,
xxoooxx

blondie said...

Hi Randy,
The weather sure has been weird the last few years huh?
I just hope we haven't done too much harm to our happy earth. We sure have given it a beating though :(
Thanks for the warm wishes and I'll figure out something about the holes in the siding. lol
Later,
Judy :))

Manu said...

Oh wow that sounds scary... i have to admit that i am quite fascinated with mother natures spectacles at times, but when the house starts shaking it's just a bit too close to home... even for me. I am glad to hear that you are ok. It is unfortunate that your house took a beating, but better the house than you or anyone else, right?
I wish you all the best and better weather.

Be safe,
Manu.

PS: Received another mail from "GNI" supposedly, but i believe is from the same people the first mail came from... I dismissed it, do you know more?

blondie said...

Hi Manu,
You're right. Better the house than any of us, lol
re: GNI
I read that note late last night and blew it off until today. Planned to do some checking around and/or maybe send a note to GNI to see if it was really from them or the hackers.
Been out all morning so I just now got here to do all that.
Talk later :)