Monday, December 7, 2009

Just a Short Story

I received a spam AD the other day in my email box. I didn't know who it was from, so I opened it up.

The spammer foolishly cc'd a long list of folks in his Ad so that I could see all their email addresses right there in front of me.

Now I could have copied that list (since it was probably a good list of "leads") and used it myself. But I didn't.

Even though I don't personally know the spammer who sent it, I respect the fact that he might have worked hard for that list and it may be his bread and butter.
You know what they say, "the money is in the list", and I am not the type of person to steal from others. So I wrote back to him and told him the mistake that he made and also to take me off his list, lol

Now why am I telling you this?

Well because something similar happened to me a while back, but the shoe was on the other foot. I was the one with the list and another person very sneakily figured out how to steal them from me ... (Yes, I was tricked)

So knowing the effects that it can have on ones feelings (and pocket book), I could never do that to someone else. Not an unknown spammer nor a so-called friend.

Remember boys and girls ...
- Don't take what is not yours.
- Treat others as you'd like to be treated.
- Don't lie, cheat or steal just to benefit yourself.
- Don't pretend you're better than the other guy.
- Always give credit where credit is due.

End of Story (for the few readers I have left)

If you want to become whole,
let yourself be partial.
If you want to become straight,
let youself be crooked.
If you want to become full,
let yourself be empty.
If you want to be reborn,
let yourself die.
If you want to be given everything,
give everything up.

- from The Tao Te Ching, translation by Stephen Mitchell

8 comments:

Terri said...

Judy dear I think you are great and its a blessing to have you as a friend. I dont know and does not matter what happened I feel the same about you. You are a wonderful lady with a big heart! and love the post too! You hang in there girl, you need to vent I am here! Blessings to you, Terri!

blondie said...

Thanks Terri,
You're a sweetie :)
I know I can always count on you.
Blessings to you too!

Randy said...

Hey Judy....guess that just shows what kind of special person you are. I already knew that but its good to hear it sometimes. Thanks for being who you are. I'm glad you are my friend.

Have a great week!

Randy

Yippee said...

Very touching post. I'm so sorry that happened to you. I know how it hurts when a friend or anyone pulls something like this on you. :(

HermitJim said...

I'm sorry that happened, dear! Some really tacky folks out there, for sure!

Rule for me...if I don't recognize the name...I delete it!

Hate spam! Hate spammers...! Don't get as much as i used to, though. That's a good thing!

blondie said...

Hi Randy,
No, I'm not special. Just old and wise, lol Sometimes being older makes a difference in our thining, ya know? Thanks for visiting me :)

Hey Yippee,
Yeah when you least expect it you get taken advantage of. Oh well. Time to move on.

Hi Jim, I delete most spam but like I said, I wasn't sure who that guy was. And sometimes folks write to me here to ask or chat about something. No biggie.

Have a good day :))

js said...

Kookoo catchoo!

The Master, by residing in the Tao,
sets an example for all beings.
Because he doesn't display himself,
people see his light.
Because he has nothing to prove,
people can trust his words.
Because he does not know who he is,
people recognize themselves in him.
Because he has no goal in mind,
everything he does succeeds.

- from The Tao Te Ching, translation by Stephen Mitchell

blondie said...

I am the Walrus - kookoo catchoo!
Hi John :)
Thanks for the addition to my post.
A little deep for me but I get it.
C'ya later (wave)