Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Back To The Sixties

In case you didn't notice, I took yesterday off. Needed to do some things away from home and it felt good to get out and about for a change.
Decided to catch up on my emails this morning and this one caught my attention big time!
Whether you were around in The Sixties or not, I think you can appreciate the history lesson here. If you DO remember the 60's ... Enjoy the Music!!!
Thanks Randy who I know remembers the 60's, lol

*******

Having trouble getting in gear today. I know I need to shift into Drive, yet I'm so content sitting here in Neutral.

-- The Prosperity Game is rolling right along. Game Boards are filling up and folks are being paid! Don't forget we do a "weekly" drawing in the Pay It Forward contest. So if you can't afford to play, enter the drawing for your chance.

-- Just added some funds to Hug Money since I'll complete another 5 day term this afternoon. ** And I did so I re-spent what I made plus added another spend from a different pay processor. So I have 3 separate ones running now. Cool?

-- Also made a new spend in HYIFunds with some of my profit.

-- NextGenMarket has completed 30 - 6% days. That's just incredible! And they've opened a new "VIP plan" where you don't have to surf. There is a $10 monthly fee for that option though. So it's certainly up to you and your budget.

-- List-Zilla (coming soon) has a new Video for us to view. For some reason, I can't load it but am hoping you can. Let me know if it's any good, LOL

*******

Do you know how hard it is to find a desktop size Fan in February in Colorado? No? Well I spent an hour on the phone yesterday trying to find one. Finally a clearance at "Office Max" came to the rescue.
Why did I need a fan? Well, cause the old one that points to my laptop broke, so it was either a new fan or a new laptop. Considering the plumbing bill just got paid, I went with an $8 fan rather than a $800 laptop. Oh well, life goes on.


7 comments:

randee said...

Blondie....I don't know if you're needing a desktop fan to keep your laptop cool or not. Is that what you meant?

I bought a Targus cooling mat (approx. $25) at Wal-Mart for my laptop. Keeps the whole unit nice and cool.

And I'm a Randy (randee), too...and I do remember the 60's very well...was in highschool and college during those years.

Randy (randee in MMG)

blondie said...

Oh Randee, yes with the horse pics? Am happy to see you here.

Well the laptop was overheating, so bought a double fan to go underneath it. Then one of the laptop fans burned out, so I needed extra cooling and bought a desktop fan to blow on it. LOL Been working so far, most of the time, you know?
I just need a new laptop or need to get this one fixed .. just hate to be without it, ya know?

Stop by anytime. Am glad you enjoyed the 60's thing!

Randy said...

Judy;

Thanks for sharing the link about the 60s. I do remember them and they were great times...sure miss them and there were good and bad times but the good times were great. I know you feel that way too...lol

Have a great week!

Randy

blondie said...

Hi Randy # 1, lol
Yes there were good and bad times back then but I seem to remember only the good times.
Thanks again for the link.
It was very cool :(
Later

HermitJim said...

Well, a line pops up from a movie that I saw that said "if you can remember the '60s, then you weren't there"...however, I do remember them. That's a good thing, since I can't remember my name half the time!

You stay warm, my friend!

randee (Randy) said...

Blondie....I just thought of another idea about the heat with your laptop. Awhile back I thought I was going to need a new internal fan as it wasn't working and my laptop was overheating. I took it to the "computer doctor" to see about ordering a new internal fan and if he could install that. He decided first to open my laptop up where the fan was...and lo and behold it was filled with lint..dusties...he cleaned it out and no more overheating!!! That's a thought anyway to check perhaps.

blondie said...

Hi Jim,
Yes I remember that line too. I'm thinking it was in a youtube video we watched? I could be wrong.
Warm here today, almost 50 but snow again coming tomorrow.
Take care :)

Hey Randee,
That occured to me also and I tried to take it apart myself. Got all the screws out but it still wouldn't open .. and I didn't want to force it (break it) at that point.
Plus we have a LOT of dust here not to mention all the kitty hairs flying around. So that could be it. Thanks again for your suggestions :)
Later