Monday, March 28, 2011

Another Best Friend has moved on

After I finished my post on Saturday, I received an email from a gal named Betsy. She was browsing through her brothers computer knowing that he had business and personal relationships online.

I was quite shocked to learn that he was recently hospitalized and the procedures they did to try to save his precious life, didn't work.

I first met Bill Stewart back in 2003 when I was promoting a Pet Vitamin product. We quickly became friends, both being animal lovers, about the same age and born in Detroit. Now I've lived in Colorado since I was 24, but Bill still resided in Harper Woods, MI with his Collie family pictured here.

Bill was a Pet sitter, dog walker, dog and puppy trainer, Koi fish breeder, loved cool cars and gardening. I read that his Hummer was parked out front of the funeral home during visitation hours.

On a personal note, Bill was the only person that I could talk to on the phone and be myself. He was a great listener, didn't judge anything and cared about everyone. He made friends everywhere he went and continued working for his 'pet' clients as long as he could. I know for a fact that he touched a lot of lives during his short life here and will be missed my many.

There's probably a hundred or more stories that I could tell you about his generosity, but this page just isn't long enough. However, I would like you to know that I am writing this note from a laptop that Bill sent to me after he purchased a new one. He knew my old laptop was on it's last legs and didn't see any point in me spending money to buy one when his was working just fine. So he shipped it to me about a year ago and as you can see, he was right. It's still purring like a kitten.

The only online program that Bill was involved in was GBC. I'm in the process now of getting approval from his Sister to take over his account so that I can Donate any future earnings to Tri-County Collie Rescue where I know he was an avid supporter and loved.

So Thank You William for being such a good friend all these years, and I'm crying like a baby while I write this note to you. I will sooo miss our phone conversations... some laughing, some worrying, some bitching and sometimes just to say 'Hi, how are ya?'.

May you Rest in Peace now.
It's so hard to say goodbye.
Love You Lots,
Judy

---

PS I'll be adding a link soon to the Tri-County Collie Rescue site. They do accept Pay-Pal donations and that's how I plan to send the funds in memory of my BFF, Bill Stewart.
(had to close with a smile. I know he'd like that :)

---

9 comments:

Niall E. said...

Oh Dear Blondie, not again. Just about six months after the passing of js to have lost another good friend. Life can be so tough sometimes. So sorry, Will B.

blondie said...

Yes exactly 6 months Will.
How weird is that?
And the two of them were completely different. Yet I found a strong friendship with them both.

Also the old laptop I had before Bill's was js's. Not trying to be superstitious but ... am NOT accepting another used laptop from anyone in the future.

Thank you Dear for your sweet note :)

Randy V said...

Hey Judy;

I am so sorry about the loss of your good friend. Its hard to understand sometimes and to accept losing people we care for so much.

Bill sounded like a very fine man and someone I know that was very dear to you.

You and Bill's family will be in my prayers.

Thinking about you.

Randy V

blondie said...

Thanks Randy,

Yeah he was a keeper, just like you.

Appreciate your kind words as always, and am sure Bill's family does also.

Susan P said...

Oh Judy, so sorry that you are having to go through this again!

The only positives that come to mind is at least you only have to work on transferring one program this time, and that making those periodic donations will soothe some of the pain.

Take care,
Susan P

HermitJim said...

Blondie, my friend, my deepest condolences on the loss of your friend Bill.

I'm sure he was a very special person and my prayers go out to his family!

Thinking good thoughts for you! Again, so sorry for the loss of another friend! Love to you!

blondie said...

Thanks Susan,
You know, I'm really looking forward to helping the Collies once I get the OK from Bill's sister. And you're right, it will feel really good to do that.

Hiya Jim,
Thank you for your kind words.
Yep, he was one of the best, that's for sure.
And I have plenty of great memories of him.
Nice to see you as always :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Judy,

I too, am sorry to hear of his passing. Though I did not know him personally, other than seeing his handle of 'koiman' on Gord's GBC updates, it is still never fun to have to go through the process of losing someone you cared about. Most of us have been through it at some point in our lives, and it never seems to get easier. Hang in there and I will think good thoughts for you and his family.

Pete

blondie said...

Thanks Pete,

Although he may have been in one of our first programs through Team Cash Cow, but since he was passive, decided to let it go after that.

And you're right ... never seems to get any easier losing someone you care about.