Thursday, October 9, 2008

Just Some Reminders :))


Today is my Post #349 here.
Next Wed, the 15th will be my One Year Blog Anniversary!
How should we Celebrate?
Any Ideas?

*****

To clarify yesterdays note about the "P"rivate Program ...

I was specifically writing to My Personal Referrals in the "P"rivate program that we're involved in. (The one that starts with a P :)

If you'd prefer to keep me as your Sponsor in the 'added' Program that was launched on Monday, (details are in your member area), please write to me personally for my link, OK?

And if you don't mind, include your "P" username in your note.
I would really appreciate that.
Thanks!

*****

CIF is opening its own hosting company. So Deep Cycler will be down for a couple of days until the server is moved.

Austin is hoping it will go smoothly, and if it does, Deep Cycler could be open for the launch of the new $10 line as early as Saturday (but no promises yet). He'll keep us posted.

*****

If you're a veteran of 10DollarsWonder and have older positions that are still set in the "Low" priority cycling ...
You've got 3-1/2 more days to take advantage of .......

"
The "lock in 4 prior 09/12/08 positions" is extended to 10/12/08:
Over 99% of new purchases and re-purchases are from Lock-in members. The "every 1 new purchase will lock in 4 prior 09/12/08 positions" rule is extended to 10/12/08 for those of you who are still waiting for your Alertpay or STP to be funded. If you did not have opportunity or if you hesitated to lock in your positions, you can still take advantage of this till 10/12/08. "

Or if you wait until next Monday, the 13th, then .......

"
After 10/12/08, every 1 new purchase or re-purchase will lock in 1 prior 09/12/08 positions for "High-priority" cycling."

Got it? Good :))
PS, I just cycled again in the last hour or so.

*****

I'll brb. Got a pic I want to show you.

OK, here it goes ...

I had brain freeze this morning and wasn't sure what to write about today. Then a good friend of mine mentioned that I never "rant" in my blog.

Well he's right...sorta.

The way I look at it, although a good rant could make you feel better (by letting out some steam), also has the possibilities of hurting the person (or program) that is the target of your rant. So for the most part, I try to stay mellow and see the good in things, rather than the bad.

Now, I am not wealthy and I live in a very modest neighborhood. Most of my neighbors appreciate their homes enough to keep their landscaping as neat and tidy as possible. All except one ...

That is my view every morning when I open my living room curtains.
I keep thinking "maybe today will be the day the neighbors clean that up". But it never is the day. It has looked like that for months and keeps getting worse.

Well it finally got under my skin when I watched an older lady in her 'motorized wheel chair scooter' have to STOP, drive her scooter off the curb and into the street in order to pass by that house!
YES, their trash cans totally block the sidewalk 24/7 ... NOT just on trash day.

After seeing that poor lady trying her best to maneuver around that trash, with her scooter wobbling as she had to drive it down the curb ... I didn't hesitate any longer to pick up the phone and call the City Offices to report the mess.
I wasn't sure if they cared about all the 'garbage', but I DO know the sidewalks cannot be cluttered and must be passable.

So after the call, I am happy to report that I was wrong! They DO CARE about it and will send the neighbors a "Notification" to get their property cleaned up along with a deadline date ... else they will be fined.

Now, that was a legitimate gripe/rant/complaint, was it not?
I feel like it was...and you would have done the same thing, right?

Cheers :))

5 comments:

HermitJim said...

Hey Blondie...good for you. I would have called a long time ago but then I don't have the self control that you do.

Glad you found something to "Rant" about...you did good!

See ya...

blondie said...

Thanks Jim,

You know I don't like to whine, but I couldn't help myself this time, lol

See ya :))

Anonymous said...

Hey Blondie,
You did the right thing. Those of us who are known as reasonable people don't like to stir the pot where others are concerned, but there are situations and circumstances where we just need to do it. One of our neighbours ( two doors away) does not use her swimming pool anymore. It is filled with water, and she does not do anything with it. Without treatment it turns black with algae and becomes a breeding ground for mosquitos. When approached by several neighbours and asked nicely to get it cleaned up her response was verbally abusive and nasty. The neighbours said they would give her two weeks to get the situation under control.
Given the serious of the situation from a health aspect ( here mosquitos can carry west nile virus), I gave her two days and then called the health dept.
Sometimes you have to draw a line in the sand.
I repeat, you did the right thing.
Well done.
danish

muzzman said...

hey blondie a can of gas and a match would have got it done faster :)


muzzman

blondie said...

Hi Danish,
Yes we're reminded every year also about the mosquito's that carry the west nile virus, and not to leave any standing water anywhere.
You definitely did the right thing with the swimming pool neighbor.
Good for you!

Hey muzzman,
hahahahahahaha
You're right!!!