Monday, September 27, 2010

In Loving Memory of John Ivan Stankiewicz

Today was supposed to be a happy day for me celebrating my 1000th blog post, yet this is the hardest post I have ever had to write.

It was my friend John (js - micronuts) who started me blogging back in Oct of 2007 after he sent me his old laptop to use. I almost gave up several times when things were slow or I thought I had no readers anyway ... but he always managed to "twist my rubber arm" to keep it going even though it seemed pointless at times.

So today's post is 1000% dedicated to my best friend John.










For several years John has been my mentor, my nutritionist, my spiritual adviser and most importantly my best friend. I honestly don't know how I'm going to manage here without him correcting my spelling, giving me grief, or just popping into Skype to say "meow".

Dear js, I think I can speak for everyone when I say that even though you're gone from 'this world', you will never be forgotten.

I love you johnski and you will always hold a piece of my heart forever. But you already know that, don't you? har!

John Ivan Stankiewicz

June 4, 1959 - September 27, 2010




Tuesday: Another great post of farewell at Pete's Cash Cow Biz. And boy, can I relate to what he's saying.

Tuesday:
Missi wrote last night that she created something special for js. Of course I had to take a peek at her blog and you should too. She's very talented and also had kind and caring words to say about our friend. Thanks Missi :)





Still Tuesday: am not posting any more specific blog links. Seems every blog I look at is paying their respects to John. And I appreciate every single one of you, your kind words and heartfelt thoughts.

Besides the 15 comments here so far, I've gotten probably a dozen personal emails as well. We sure are going to miss him.

And for some strange reason, I just can't seem to remove this blog from my side bar. I just wish I would wake up tomorrow and learn that this was all a bad dream.


22 comments:

Randy V said...

Judy;

I'm so sorry to hear about John. I really enjoyed reading his blogs. I have read about his medical problems recently but I had no idea about how serious this was. He had a great sense of humor and I'm sure that's the way he wanted it.

If you don't mind, what actually happened? You can email me if you don't want to talk here.

I'm so sorry!

Randy V

Susan P said...

So very sorry to hear about John, especially for you Blondie. It is always hard to lose a good friend or family member and it seems that John was that to you.

Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

Susan P

Sheila M said...

Blondie, I am so sorry to hear of John's passing... I hope he knows how much he touched and made a difference to his blog readers most of which never even got a chance to meet him...May his memory forever go on...

HermitJim said...

Blondie, I'm deeply saddened to hear about J.S.! I had no idea that he was having health problems!

Completely at a loss for words at this time!

If you need to talk, or need anything...just let me know!

Peace, my friend!

Ivan said...

JS was one of the dearest, kindest and most loving people i know. I always wanted to meet him one day, but never had the bucks. I feel totally down. I am crying my eyes out.

I still have the books he gave me. My love for him will always stay. I will never forget him.

Rest in Peace my dear friend.

blondie said...

For some reason, blogger messed with this comment, so am publishing it myself:

marie1439 has left a new comment on your post "In Memory of John Ivan Stankiewicz":

I'm so sorry to hear about John. It's such a shock, even though I knew he was having health problems. His was one of the first blogs I started reading when I first started out online. He will be missed.

xox-Missi Mi-xox said...

Hiya Blondie ...
thats just awful news. He was certaily one of a kind and will be missed by many.

Big hugs to you and all JS friends who will be feeling his loss.

xox-Missi-xox

girlguide said...

Thank you Blondie for posting about JS. I was shocked and saddened to hear the terrible news. He will be greatly missed.
Sue C

xox-Missi Mi-xox said...

I made a little something for him on my playlist blog for him ... I hope you like it.

Take care. XOX

Myrna - Canada said...

Blondie <3 . This is truly sad news about John - I am shocked. By the comments shown many people are also feeling that way and saddened by it.
My condolences go out to his daughter and other family, his many friends and associates and of course to you. Ever since I have known you - you have always made good references to JS.
Please take care - and email me if you can.
Hugs !!! And I will say a prayer.

Pete the Canadian said...

What can I say, but sorry. Sure was one heck of surprise when I got your alert. I had no idea it was this serious. He will be missed by many I am sure. Let me know if you need anything....

Sadly,
Pete

naphtali said...

Wow! I can hardly believe it! Judy, you and John S were the ones who always helped me learn about making money online. I owe so much of my success to him and you.

I did not know that he was ill, but I will be praying for his daughter and family........and you my friend. peace and love

Integritas said...

JS you have passed on to another plane,
I will miss you buddy,
sorry I wasnt there for you more at the end
you will be sorely missed by me and many others
rest in peace friend,
I will never forget you, you were one of a kind!

Gord said...

Judy,

Beautiful post and as a friend and fellow Blogger...I'll miss js.

Gord

blondie said...

Post from Sally (skylady) having trouble getting the comment to go through:

I am so sorry for your loss Judy, as you were very special to John... my prayers go out to you...

To my friend js,
My heart hurts js, as we worked together for many years and you will be missed by multitudes of friends
who came to know you as a loving, honest, helpful and sincere friend...

Your life was filled with harmony and passion for your beliefs and you shared willingly...

No one else I've met, has been as diversified in interests as you, my Dear and you will always live in my heart

Your friend, Sally {skylady}

Hula said...

Aloha to you, js. I'll miss your informative program reviews and witty remarks about everything on the planet (and beyond).

Rest in peace, dear one. ...Hula =)

Will Buckley said...

Judy,

Thanks for the direction to your blog. I have become detached with my original online family.

JS was one of the first bloggers that got me started and we had some great times and money making in the hey days.

You could always count on him to set you straight and give an honest look at any program. Love him or hate him you had to respect him for that. He will be missed.

Will

Cat Melton said...

Judy, I just found your alert and this news of John! I am so sorry to hear of this. I know what he meant to you. He was certainly one of a kind and definitely will be missed.

Sincerely,
Cat

Henry said...

Dear Judy,

Now I know why he is still on your sidebar.

Bless him and Bless you

Love

Henry

blondie said...

Thank You Henry,
Am surprised that you found this old post here in my blog.
Been a long time for sure.
Cheers :)

Henry said...

It was because you wrote today that you were using his laptop, because yours wouldn't boot up...so I looked back and thought a comment would be nice here

Best

Henry

blondie said...

That was very nice Henry.
You're a sweet sweet man!
Happy Holidays :)