Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Don't Shoot the Messenger

Just heard back from Chung, the Admin of 10DollarsWonder and 'soon to be' 10CentClub.
In a nutshell:
- the security of the 10cc site has been upgraded.
- it caused some problems with the exporting of the e2epay database into 10cc.
- the Admin and the web hosting company are both working on it.

"
As soon as those problems are resolved, we'll launch the 10centclub. The 10centclub will launch as soon as the database is transferred correctly. All other text changes will be done in an on-going works. Since members know our system, the descriptions are not critical at the beginning."

Well he didn't estimate any time frame for that, and I don't know when he'll do a "news update" via the back office of 10dw either. So your guess is as good as mine. Poor guy. Seems like it's always somethin eh?
It's ok, we've waited this long. We can wait another day or two, right?

*****

Just a quick word about "Paybacks", then I gotta run.

I'm sure you've heard the saying: "Paybacks are a bit**", right?

Yesterday I noticed a wasp in the skunks water bowl. Wasps can't swim. He was in the middle of the bowl struggling to reach ground. It didn't look like he would ever be able to do that. As hard as he moved his little feet, he was getting no where and stayed in the middle of the bowl.

I looked around and saw a piece of yarn that I cut for tying up my plants. I took the yard outside and put it in the bowl right in front of him. He latched onto it, and I slowly pulled him out of the water. I placed him on the cement, where he walked around for a few minutes drying off, then happily flew away.

Then it occurred to me ... I can't swim either. I would hope that if I were ever in that situation, that someone would throw me a rope.

So it made me realize ... Paybacks are not always a bit**. Guess it just depends a lot on how you treat others and how you'd like to be treated in return.

Have a wonderful day and be safe around the water bowl :))

*****

5 comments:

js said...

Right on Blondie! Or another way to say that is "What goes around, comes around"

js

blondie said...

And Right On js!
Paybacks, was just the first thing that came to mind.
Nice to see ya :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Blondie and JS -
Nice reading today.

I usually save bugs too - even though wasps for example don't seem to care who they sting !! and when I gt stung I really swell up and get a horrendous headache..

My son's wife's parents were in a rear end accident yesterday - hit by a semi . vehicle totalled. They were taken to hosp. had xrays etc. - went home with strict instructions if anything unusual to head back to hosp immediately.
Point being tho - many people came to their help at the scene - and thank the Lord - that no one was seriously injured. And a vehicle can be replaced. !!
So I was busy watching the children and keeping them calm here - and off to their activities. Even if retired one nevers has an uneventful life !!
It's all about helping each other , wasps too.
All have a great day.

Cat Melton said...

You know..."what goes around, comes around", "scratch my back, I'll scratch yours", "do unto others as you'd have them do unto you"...all boils down to the same thing. No matter which belief you hold to, just plain, common decency and love for all should be our driving force for daily living.
I truly hope your day is wonderful, friend blondie!
Cat

blondie said...

Hi Myrna,
Glad to hear everyone will be fine from that accident. Yes, we do all need to help each other ;)

Cat, there are a lot of different ways to express what I was trying to point out. It just makes me feel good after doing something special for a poor helpless creature. Whether it's a wasp, a skunk or a Human, lol

Take care you guys :)