Friday, July 4, 2008

Independence Day




















Happy 4th of July to those in the USA

Our friend Hermit Jim wrote a real nice piece about it in his blog today. Definitely worth a read. Thanks Jim :)

*****

I will be out today. The "kids" are having their annual 4th of July party that I need to get to with my 15 (or 20) pound bowl of potato salad! Hope it turned out good.

*****

I heard the DollarMonster admin sent out a final update to members. I did not receive one since they canceled my account. But if you're interested, it's posted in the CIF forum here.

*****

That's all I got time for today.
Happy Holiday to All !

*****

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes - Happy 4th of July.

Will watch a US Channel later to see all the huge sparks !! and fun.
Have fun today Judy and family.

HermitJim said...

hey Blondie...thanks for the plug. I hope your potato salad turns out good and the cook-out is a success. That's a lot of potato salad...but try and save me some! OK?

Lou Dog looks spiffy with her red, white and blue decorations!

Happy 4th!

Manu said...

Hi Blondie...
Happy 4th of July yo you, your family and all of america.
I bet your potato salad turned out great and nothing is left ;o)

blondie said...

Hi Myrna, Jim and Manu,

Yes everything turned out great. Had a nice BBQ with all the fixins. Then the next door neighbor did his own fireworks show for the neighborhood.
Was a lot of fun!

Thanks to you all :)
blondie

Anonymous said...

Hey Blondie - as I was reading this today I thought to myself - what day are we on - I must have missed a day and I hate to miss celebrations !! - But I had the grandchildren for overnight and we camped !! - so at 12 midnight was seeing the inside of my eyelids...

but to all who saw the fireworks - that's great. !!!
When everyone pitches in like that it is a lot of fun !