Monday, February 21, 2011

Presidents Day huh?

Dear Mr President,

Although I'm not exactly sure what all you do in your job, I thought a portion of that job was to help our country and its citizens. So I have a few questions for you that for the life of me, I just don't understand.

- You wonder why so many of us are not covered under medical insurance. My insurance premiums went UP $35 per week starting this month. What used to be $47.50 is now $82.50... per week! So I would imagine most people cannot afford it any longer. Well that was an easy answer, huh?

- You allow big companies to make decisions for us that cost us, not them. My mortgage company decided I needed more flood insurance so they bought me an additional policy which costs me $464 MORE per year. My existing flood policy was already Twice the amount I owe on my mortgage. Why was I forced to buy more?

- Do you wonder why the 'G' Student Loans never get paid off? I've figured that one out for myself. Helped my step-son get his loan caught up. Then made the last 2 payments before the due date. YET the principal balance of that Student Loan is going UP and not down!!! Geez, no wonder people can never get these paid off. It's impossible!!

- Then there's the grocery store cost. The overall cost of all items there have gone up 29% over the past year. When was the last time YOU went grocery stopping? Hardly anything in the cart and it costs over $100.00

- Perhaps a mandatory Cost-of-Living pay increase that ALL employers would have to abide by would help. I know people who have worked at the same job for 10 years, yet are still earning the same amount of money as when they first started. These kind of situations affect all of us.

So Mr President, I know I haven't touched on many of the issues this country faces because quite frankly, I can't even comprehend how big some of them must be. But currently, the issues mentioned above seem to be affecting me more now than they have in the past. Every time I turn around, the G has their hand in my pocket for one thing or another. And quite honestly, my pocket is damn near empty now.

Also Mr President, heard your family is here in Colorado enjoying a little ski vacation. Awww that's nice. If I could afford to put enough gasoline in my car to drive there and visit with them, I would do it. Oh well, maybe next time eh?

Now you have a Wonderful Day Mr President.
I mean ... this IS your day right?

Regards,
blondie

*******

Please no comments.
And I hope I didn't make anyone angry.
I know there are more important issues out there than the ones that have affected me. I just felt the need to speak my peace today, on paper, since I don't discuss my personal issues very often with you guys. So didn't mean to whine, but this past year I've gotten more of a taste of what others complain about. And it's not a good thing.

*******

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very good Judy, Martyn here, perhaps I could do the same sort of thing for our Prime Minister over here. $1.95/liter for gas and getting higher. Food prices....yadda yadda...Cheers for now.

blondie said...

Thank You Martyn,
Glad you enjoyed the letter, as sad as it was.
Take care now :)