Friday, May 30, 2008

What a beautiful day outside ...

I meant to do a lot more today, but you know how that goes.

Started my day with happy thoughts :)
Then got into a lengthy conversation with someone about one of the programs that I am in. And that's OK. I like to discuss things ... but the next thing I knew, I was running late for everything else that I wanted to do today.

So in desperate need of cat food, I took the long way to PetSmart. Drove past the horse stable and eyed up 6 beautiful horses grazing in the grass.

Did my shopping, grabbed something for dinner, (not at PetSmart, haha), then drove past the Lake which is only about 2 miles from my house.


Now they call it Standley Lake, but it looks more like a pond to me. Do you recall that I was born in Michigan where you can't see across the Lakes? Nevertheless, it was fun to see the 6 or so boats out there floating around.


Then drove past the local Library where their grounds are infested with Prairie Dogs.
Cute little buggers, aren't they?

So now I'm home, and it's Friday, and I don't feel like working anymore. So how about we have a beer and just try to relax for the rest of the day? I'm glad I took some time out this afternoon to "stop and smell the roses". It did me good :)

Since everything is going great program wise ... I will say "Cheers" to you all and hope to see you again tomorrow.

5 comments:

HermitJim said...

Hey Blondie...now THAT'S a great post! Gives me a good idea in my mind of the area where you live. You have a real flair for painting a mental picture, ya know?

Just a lady of many talents! Kewl!

Jim

blondie said...

Thank you Jim, I try :)
Just wanted to give folks a visual of what I saw today while I was out. It was really relaxing for me, and I think we all need to do that once in a while.
Glad you enjoyed it.

Anonymous said...

Judy - I enjoyed your play by play too. Glad you had such a good afternoon.
I know when I went my recent road trip/job I did enjoy the scenery - seeing male and female geese in the fields (they mate for life), green leaves starting to bud on the trees, farmers beginning their spring work in the fields, very little traffic compared to here - it feels like a breath of fresh air...
Nite now !!

Cat Melton said...

Blondie,
What a lovely post...I, too, enjoyed the pics of your afternoon.

Have a wonderful evening,
Cat

blondie said...

Hi Myrna,
Yes, seeing those things are real relaxing to me. Maybe I just need a vacation? lol

Hi Cat,
Glad you enjoyed my "day out" :)
Thanks for stopping by.