Saturday, November 22, 2008

Birds of a Feather ...


Yeah, I'm referring to a real bird.

Took this pic just awhile ago.
I couldn't believe how huge this bird was!

And what is it??
It's not a crow, it's not an eagle, and I don't think it was an owl either.

Wish I didn't use the zoom lens though. I could have had a clearer picture without it.
But by the time I tried to take another one, he saw me and flew away. I swear he had a wingspan of at least 6 feet. Was just beautiful.

*******

Received my "completed 10 days - 140% ROI" from FastProfitSurf the last two days in a row, and of course I re-upgraded each time :) Yep, I'm that confident right now. I think it's early enough in the game to make a few bucks!

*******

I'll be back.
Having a mental block.
Should be promoting something I joined yesterday, but I'm not sure that I'm comfortable or understand it yet. So once I learn more, I might be back to show it to you, OK?

*******

My cup is Half Full at 12DailyClub which means I've completed my first 6 days of surfing. YaY!
But it's kind of a bummer because I received a referral commission Payout today but I had already surfed. Dang :(
That's OK. I'll go put it back in tomorrow.
And as always, many thanks to my referrals!

*******


6 comments:

HermitJim said...

Hey Blondie...I believe that is a falcon. I may be wrong, though...there are so many different types of hawks, it may be one of the different types.

You are so correct about FPS moving right along...I just added another investment myself.

Have a good day!

blondie said...

Oh a Falcon!
I never even thought of that.
Thanks Jim. It did look like one I just couldn't put my finger on it.
I don't think they're very common around here but he sure was eying up my skunk bowls that had leftover dog food from last night in em.

Oh and I am lovin FPS also!
It's going to be a real blessing for that extra money we need around the holidays.

Thanks for the visit on your day after birthday celebration!
Later :))

Anonymous said...

Hi Blondie,
I am going to disagree a bit with our friend Jim here.
You are right that the photo is not the greatest quality, but as I study it and compare it to various choices in my Bird book, I am going to go with a Red Tailed Hawk. The colouring on the head and the back; the light colour of the chest and particularly that dark band of feathers across the tummy area make me decide on that choice. It is too bad we can't get a good look at the tail; the colour of it would be definitive. If you had caught a red or rusty- reddish flash in the tail area as it flew away, that would have confirmed my selection. It is also a hawk which should be somewhat common in your area. The usual wing span of a full grown example of your visitor would be about 48" (4 ft.), and your guess of 6 ft would be a bit large. But it could be a situation where you saw an exceptionally large one. The head and body shape dissuade me that it was a falcon.
Keep your attention focused on the skies around your house, you'll more than likely to spot it soaring and circling overhead as it searches for food ( note hawks circle and soar, falcons do not.)
The Red-Tailed hawk and others are somewhat common up here in Ontario, Canada; I have spent many wonderfully quiet hours observing them over the years along with many other species. I'm not a real avid Bird-Watcher, but is one of my hobbies. I have over 200 observed species noted in my bird book so far.
Regards
danish

blondie said...

Wow David,
I'll have to invite Jim back to read this also. Quite a knowledge you have for the birds.
I wasn't able to really catch too much as he was flying away cause I was more interested in trying to capture him on film :)
But I will definitely keep an eye in the sky now. And will be more careful if I try to snap him again.
Thanks a lot for all the info!
Appreciate it!

Anonymous said...

Hi Blondie,

I'd have to agree with danish as I have seen these birds around Ontario as well, although not that big before.

I'm also in FPS and just joined 12daily under js. I'm comfortable with FPS right now and have been paid like clockwork,
but I was hesitant at first about 12daily until I read your blogs here. But I also figured js knows a good thing as well.:)

Enjoying the posts!

Cheers,
Pete

blondie said...

Hi Pete,
Well Jim wondered about it being a hawk and then Danish confirmed. I will keep an eye out for it again. Sure was a big bird, lol

Am glad you're enjoying the 2 surf programs. I sure am.
And thanks for stopping by today.

Cheers :))