Monday, April 11, 2011

What a Messed Up Day :(

You ever have one of those days where nothing works like it's supposed to? That's my day today.

I brought home this new Laptop on Saturday with every intention to get it up and running today. The first thing you do is back-up the Operating System. Unfortunately the CD-RW's that I have won't format. Too old? Too small? I dunno. So back to the 'shop' tomorrow to get some new ones.


Turned my chair around to my old desktop. MS-ME not supported by MS any longer so half of the stuff I tried to do wouldn't work.


OK ... let's try the next newest laptop again.
Plugged it in, screen flickers then disappears.

OK ... let's try the old Canadian laptop.
Plugged it in, got to where I wanted to go, managed a cash out in JSS-Tripler then proceeded to Turbo Tax.
Oh wait, there's an overheat time limit on this one and I wasn't fast enough. Shut off before I had time to do my thing.


So tomorrow, it's off the the 'shop' for some new CD's.
Maybe get online long enough to 'file' my income tax return. Go to the Library to pick up a State return form (worse case scenario). Then if all goes well, I should be back on track by ... Wed?

Sorry for the depressing update but at least you know I'm still alive.
Later (wave)

10 comments:

boblocsin said...

Hi Blondie,

Will an Internet Cafe solve your problem?

At least you can verify if making Tax Returns is injurious to a computer's health.

best regards,

boblocsin

blondie said...

Hey Robert (Bob),
I have never been to an internet cafe in my life.
And I don't think doing my tax return in one would be such a good idea.
I'll get it done one way or the other.
Thanks for checking in :)

blondie said...

Sorry, meant Roberto :)
Am I right? LOL

Warnnie said...

Hello blondie..Just want to tell you this is m first comment..hehe..I've been reading some of your blogposts and I think it's a sincere post I've ever read. Keep on writing Blondie. swinsted

Regards from Malaysia.. :)

boblocsin said...

Roberto is my correct name
But I don't mind if you Americanize it

I used a strong electric fan aimed directly to an overheating computer. It enabled me to work more than an hour per session

John Kennedy said...

Weird that your CD-RW's won't format. You should use DVD-RW's or DVD-R though. They can hold far more data. An even better solution would be for you to buy an external hard drive with backup software. Here's one for example that looks good.
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4774542&csid=ITD&body=MAIN

D2A said...

I'll buy those broken ones from you!
-Rob

HermitJim said...

Guess it's like the old saying goes "sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug"!

Hope you get everything all fixed up soon, my friend!

Anonymous said...

LOL - sometimes you're the windshield; sometimes you're the bug! Love that!

I feel your pain, Blondie! Sending up a prayer to the tech gods for you and peace and love your way!!

Paula

blondie said...

TY for all the comments,
swinsted, Roberto, John, Jim and Paula!

I've tried the fans, don't work.
I bought some new DVD+R, worked great!
Old laptops are not for sale.
Jim ... too cute.
Paula thanks, I need something good to happen and soon, LOL