Sunday, May 16, 2010

Ed Sullivan

First things first,
Pete the Admin for Team Cash Cow has found a new program for us to participate in as a team build. He's getting it organized now and I should be able to share more with you in the next day or two. So keep your eyes and ears open and keep $10 in your Alert Pay, cool? Oh and you won't need to keep track of it on a piece of paper either. From what I've seen so far, it's gonna be a piece of cake.
Former members of TCC will be grandfathered into this. New "team" members will be required to pay a 4$ monthly membership fee (but I got a feeling it'll be covered by what you earn). Hope so anyway :)

*******

RockSolidFund is being transferred to a new Hosting service now. The scammer / programmer has really caused a lot of problems for Tony, but he's on top of it and is keeping us up-to-date over at MMG.

*******

Received 2 payments today from Hydro-Funds and I see no signs of it slowing down, YaY!

*******

OK ... Ed Sullivan...
I'm sure you all remember the Ed Sullivan Show (well if you're old enough). It was quite a family show back in the day and had something for everyone to enjoy.

Well last night there was a 2 hour special on a PBS station (Public Broadcasting Service). They were trying to raise money to keep the station alive and well. Anyway ... what they broadcast for those 2 hours were Ed Sullivan shows of Rock and Roll guests from the 60's. OMG, I stayed up till almost midnight watching it!

Of course it started with The Beatles (Feb 1964), then The Beach Boys, The Rolling Stones, The Animals, The Doors, Gerry and the Pacemakers, Petula Clark, The Supremes, Herman's Hermit's, Sly and the Family Stone, The Mamas and Papas, Spanky and Our Gang, The Lovin Spoonful, The Turtles, The Young Rascals, The Moody Blues ... well the list goes on and on but those are at the top of my head still.

Great memories from back then, you know?

4 comments:

Randy V said...

I remember the Ed Sullivan shows every Sunday night. It was a great show with great guests.

Wow...now that's my kind of music. I would have loved to see that. Maybe our local PBS station will broadcast it.

Hope your weekend was good! New baby will be here Tuesday at 8:00.

Randy

blondie said...

I hope you do get to see it Randy. It was a pretty "rockin good shoe" haha

So another new grandbaby comes Tues eh? Wow. Won't be long for my own. I'll share more later.

Have a good week :)

Myrna said...

I remember the Ed Sullivan "shoe" also.We were invited every Sun evening to friends who had a TV and got a good reception with an aerial.... to watch the show at 7 pm... My Mom would bake a cake, cookies or dessert and it would be a great evening.

blondie said...

I knew it would bring back good memories for those of us who were fortunate enough to be there.
Thanks Myrna :)