Saturday, November 20, 2010

I'm Not Just a Billboard

Microsoft Windows 1.0 has a birthday today. No kidding? Released in 1985 and look where it is now?

*******

Will have some updates soon maybe. Having trouble concentrating today. Too many signs, signs, everywhere a sign!

*******

Was surfing last night which made me think of driving down the highway looking at billboards. Not the most exciting thing to do and I usually save it for last on my list. But when you see the one that shows you a mouth watering plate of food at Joe's Diner, and you realize how hungry you are, everything changes. But when that burger gets served to you, does it look like the one in the picture?

What if Billboards and Ads always told the truth?







































Long haired freaky people. That would be me.
Thanks Randy for grabbing the song link while I was busy laughing.

4 comments:

Gord said...

LOL...great post Judy..or should I say sign. That ride inspired a great article.

I always perk up when I hear that song...I don't know why..go around singing it sometimes "Imagine that....me working for you!"


Gord

blondie said...

Yeah I know what you mean.
Even all these years later, the song still makes as much sense as it did then. Maybe even more.
Thanks Gord (wave)

Randy V said...

I use to laugh at that song and wonder if I made my own sign if it would make any difference. I guess its a classic!!!!

Thanks for posted it Judy.

Randy V

blondie said...

So what would the sign be Randy?
Any ideas now that you're more advanced in this life? lol

Signs don't make a difference.
No one listens anyway, do they?

Thanks for the song :)