Sunday, November 7, 2010

Longest Weekend of the Year


Don't forget to set your clocks back an hour today if you're in the same boat as me. Our Daylight Savings Time ends today, and that's just fine. I've never been a fan of it myself but I suppose it's done for a good reason.

*******

Checked into Ad2Million and noticed we have over 1200 members. Nice :)
Now if they were all "paid" members, that would be even better.
Carrie had the right idea to twist our rubber arms and post our testimonials before we can be paid. I mean really ... she works hard on keeping it all running smoothly so we should be thanking her where everyone can view it. Don't you agree?

*******

Hey, I have to go proof read something for the New HYIP. Will be back later, probably.

*******

OK, here's a little irritation on a normally calm Sunday:

Hey!
xxxxx thought you would like to see our site - blahblah - a
viral list builder with huge loyalty rewards!
Check out this video! (removed it)
Regards,
The blahblah Team

So they're not only spamming, but saying that someone I know gave them my email address?!? What?!?
Just for the record, if you EVER get spam like this saying "Blondie thought" ... don't believe it for a minute! I would never give away (or sell) any email address that I have in my Alert service to anyone!! Sending spam in this "tricky dick" kind of way is pure bull as far as I'm concerned.

*******

Danger, Will Robinson ... Danger Danger!


Warning about emails re: Undeliverable Packages & Banks


This is a real threat and snopes.com just updated their web site 11/1/2010 with this most recent virus alert.

UPS/Fed Ex/USPS Package Delivery Failure Message

With the holidays coming up, I can see where this could be a real problem.

The newest virus circulating is the UPS/Fed Ex/USPS Delivery Failure.

You will receive an e-mail from UPS,Fed Ex, or USPS along with a packet number. It will say that they were unable to deliver a package sent to you on such-and-such a date. It then asks you to print out the invoice copy attached. DON'T TRY TO PRINT THIS. IT LAUNCHES THE VIRUS! Pass this warning on to all your PC operators at work and home.
This virus has caused Millions of dollars in damage in the past few days. Snopes confirms that it is real.

http://www.snopes.com/computer/virus/ups.asp

They are also saying watch for anything that comes from a financial institution, such as your bank, this is another way they are getting us to open things!

(Thanks Jim for sharing that information :)

*******


No comments: